About the department
We are on a quest to prepare graduates to become qualified pioneers in the field of Media. Our aim is to have a distinguished practical training program that is consistent with continuous development.
Our mission is to prepare graduates to work in the different fields of Media, and give them the ability to handle information technology and communication. They must be committed to the ethics of Media, be able to compete on the local and regional levels, conduct scientific researches relevant to the priorities of the society, and to contribute to the development of media institutions by introducing advanced programs. We also aim at preparing a media generation that constitutes the core of media work, that is research-based orientated and concerned with issues of media and development.
The Department of Media aims at achieving a number of objectives, most important of which are:
- Providing competent and qualified personnel to serve for the needs of the society and its sectors.
- Cooperating with media institutions to identify its needs.
- Ensuring the scientific development in all fields of media.
- Training students to use technical equipment in order to enhance their media and technical skills.
- Offering a positive and motivational environment to reinforce creativity, personal abilities and skills.
- Helping the students to have the appropriate training in different media institutions.
- Spreading knowledge and strengthening cooperation with media institution for the purpose of conducting distinguished scientific researches.
- Ensuring high-end outcomes in the educational process.
- Organizing programs, courses, workshops and a scientific conference in order to promote the competence of students and workers in media institutions.
The University is concerned with training students in media institutions, and offering them the necessary scientific knowledge and experience. It is also interested in providing them additional training sessions through specialized workshops organized by the university.
Students shall be able to access information and conduct researches in the university library which houses a large number of important and new resources and books.
The Department on Media at USAL has designed a studio on campus equipped with the most important technical and modern equipment and tools in order to allow students to accomplish the necessary media training. The studio offers an environment compatible with the real working conditions.